Being recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Jenni over at Unload and Unwind on Friday left me feeling very humbled and fortunate. Thank you so much Jenni. You have to go by and give Jennni a visit and read about Jim, who gives her a funny run for her money. I think we had a cat like Jim.
I read a lot of blogs every day, most of which are related to Domestic Violence, however, I also read a wide variety of other blogs in order to maintain what’s left of my sanity. I thoroughly enjoy everything from poetry, to humor, drama, photography, fashion, current events and so on. I even follow a gamer’s blog and I am not a gamer, although I did thrive on Pac man and Galaga in my earlier days.
Through a little research, I discovered that the Liebster Award is a blogger award given by bloggers to bloggers in order to broaden the blogging community. There are a few rules we are asked to follow in order for the process to work. So…here goes.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you * Thank you Jenni. *
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
I received the following questions:
Whom do you write for?
I write for victims and survivors of domestic violence, my children and I.
If the internet went down would you continue to write?
I would shed fountains of tears, but I would write anyway.
Do you feel having an audience is important for you and your blog?
Absolutely, without an audience, I could neither receive, nor give support to so many in or recovering from domestic violence who need it. In addition, I would not be able to inform others of a growing, stigmatized, widely ignored pandemic in our world today.
Are you finished designing your blog?
Not by a long shot.
Would you advertise more if you could?
Yes, I would. A bigger audience means more are reached and our voices grow louder making it difficult for domestic violence to remain behind the veil of silence.
Have you ever told a lie on your blog?
No. However, the names used are fictional in order to protect my family.
What type of blogs do you like?
I mentioned them in the beginning of my post, but my favorites would have to be humor, photography and poetry.
Name 10, famous figures dead or alive you would invite to a dinner party if you could.
I would love to name 10 celebrities; however, celebrity in my world is a relative term. It would take a great deal of thought and research to find 10 men/women of great influence and proven integrity in order to effect any change in the societal structure in which we live and our views about domestic violence. Unfortunately, it is still largely a man’s world (don’t be upset ladies), and it would take influential men at very local levels at every juncture to effect that change. This is just my opinion.
Are you proud of your blog or is it a secret?
I am very proud of the fact that I have discovered a secret way to give a voice to the domestic violence my children and I have suffered. I hope it has been and will continue to be a support to others as well.
Do you think blogging awards are motivating or depressing?
Blogging awards; they make the blogging world go ’round.
Name one person who has made a significant impact on your life.
Finally; 11 questions. I am proposing the same questions to you that Jenni proposed to me. I think they are great questions and I could in no way improve on them.
- Who do you write for?
- If the internet went down would you still continue to write?
- Does having an audience feel important to you and for your blog?
- Are you finished designing your blog?
- Would you advertise more if you could?
- Have you ever told a lie on your blog?
- What type of blogs do you like?
- If you could have a dinner party with 10 famous figures dead or alive who would they be?
- Are you proud of your blog or is it a secret?
- Do you think blogging awards are motivating or depressing?
- Name one person who has made a significant impact on your life.
My Nominees Are: